CRAVING THAT COMPETITION FEELING?
Well it's time to get back on the competition floor of your HOME TURF. We are super excited to be launching
HOME GAMES 3.0
Took part in Home Games 1.0 or 2.0, saw your friends getting involved or just want to know more about Home Games 3.0 and sign up - you are in the right place!
After the success of our first two 'virtual' Turf Games where 4,000 people from 35+ countries took part in 5 workouts as a way to stay active and have some fun during lockdown - we are excited to be launching 3.0.
Over the past 12 weeks, it has more important than ever that we stay connected - albeit virtually - and adapt our workout routine so we can maintain some sort of normality in our lives.
With limited places to work out now - in your own home, backyard, park or a walk/run (in some countries), it has been very hard to find motivation or variety.
On Friday 12th June we are putting our third Turf Games 'spin' on the home workouts and launching HOME GAMES 3.0 - a bit of friendly competition with a Live! Leaderboard and chance to win some great prizes from our partners. This will be a series of 5 workouts over two weeks.
The difference - there will be THREE different divisions that you can enter
1. INDIVIDUAL BODYWEIGHT
2. INDIVIDUAL 1 DUMBBELL or KETTLEBELL
3. MIXED PAIRS (1 male, 1 female)
Individual competition will have two categories
- Adults - age up to 35
- Legends (Masters) - age 35+
Mixed Pairs will have
- One open age category
N.B - If you are doing the KB/DB weighted division - in your profile on the website you sign up to, can you amend your last name to show what weight you are using. i.e Steve Smith (20kg KB). So if you last name is 'Smith' in the last name field on the website you would write - Smith (20kg KB) for example. This will allow people to gauge how they are doing on the leaderboard with the various weights everyone is using.
MIXED PAIRS INFO
Pairs are made up of 1 male and 1 female. This category will put one more layer to bring it closer to what a Turf Games comp is about - Tactics and Teamwork.
If you are currently living with or near the person you will team up with then great, however, we realise that some people won't be. The idea of this category is to encourage people to jump on a video call, communicate, discuss strategy and then execute the workout - staying connected in these times is more important than ever. The workouts will be programmed (the majority) where you will need to be doing them together over video so you can see what eachother is doing (Zoom, Facetime, Whatspp, Skype etc) - think You Go I Go and syncrho movements.
YES, you can enter as an individual and also a Mixed Pair - like many did for Home Games 2.0. The workouts for Individuals and Mixed Pairs will most often be a little different so you can sign up as an individual and also as a mixed pair and have twice the fun. However, you can't register for both individual competitions - you will need to choose one of them - Bodyweight or DB/KB.
This 'competition' is designed to push you that extra little bit further, keep moving, connect with others in the community and have some fun.
Like 1.0 and 2.0, this will be FREE to enter. There will be no need to film workouts, just submit your scores on our live scoreboard. We will work on an honesty system and trust everyone will enter accurate scores and complete movements correctly. However, we do encourage you to film the workouts and put them on Insta stories, tag us and our partners so we can give any feedback, give you encouragement and reshare your effort and spread the positive vibes.
Prizes will be awarded based on participation and selected randomly each week.
IMPORTANT HEALTH INFORMATION - PLEASE READ
At a time when health should be paramount, please ensure you read the signs of your body. If you are feeling unwell at all, please do not take part in these games or workouts. While these workouts are for a 'score', we do not want people pushing themselves into the red zone each day. Listen to your body, have some fun with the workouts but don't put yourself in to a 'dark place' each time. Over the coming weeks and potentially months, it is a great time to work on your breathing, your mobility, sleep and nutrition. Pay attention to your body.
First group of prize winners will be announced on Tuesday 23rd June - you must have completed and submitted minimum 2 out of 3 workout scores to be in the chance of winning by 5pm (UK time) 22 June.
Second group of prize winners will be announced on Tuesday 30th June - you must have completed and submitted minimum 4 out of 5 workout scores to be in the chance of winning by 5pm (UK time) 29th June.
Once chosen as a prize winner, the prize you receive will be chosen randomly from our partners. Prizes include,
- We will be giving away FREE TEAM ENTRY to 2 lucky people to any Turf Games around the world that they wish to compete at
- £50 BLK BOX vouchers
- Under Armour Turf Games apparel and socks
- $50AUD Alpha Fit vouchers
- Optimum Nutrition supplement stacks worth more than £80
- 1 weeks worth of food from Fresh Fitness Food
- Packs of 18 cans from Bodega Bay Hard Seltzer
Bodyweight workouts will not require any gym equipment, you may need a chair or similar for step ups and potentially a broomstick. The KB/DB division - you can use whatever weight you wish.
N.B - If you are doing the KB/DB weighted division - in your profile on the website you sign up to, can you amend you last name to show what weight you are using. i.e Steve Smith (20kg KB) or Sarah Brown (12.5kg DB). This will allow people to gauge how they are doing on the leaderboard with the various weights people are using.
Workouts will be released at 9am (UK Time) on -
Workout 1 - Friday 12th June
Workout 2 - Tuesday 16th June
Workout 3 - Friday 19th June
Workout 4 - Tuesday 23rd June
Workout 5 - Friday 26th June
Score submission - Scores for ALL workouts to be submitted by 5pm (UK time) Monday 29th June. You can submit scores and then redo workouts as often as you like, updating your score each time.
NEXT STEPS - SIGNING UP
Sign up to HOME GAMES 3.0 is now OPEN!
CLICK HERE - to sign up for INDIVIDUAL
CLICK HERE - to sign up for MIXED PAIRS
If you are signing up for the MIXED PAIRS category,
- one of you will need to sign up first and create the 'PAIR' (think of a cool team name) and then 'invite' your partner.
- You can do this by either searching for them if they have done a Turf Games before, or type in their email address and send an invite via email (please check your junk mail).
- Please note, the email you invite them to will need to be the same email address that they either already have an account with on the website or the one they use to set up an account.
- Once logged into the account - you accept the invitation to join the team (or click the email invitation again to join the team)
WHO CAN ENTER - Anyone can enter, this is open globally
COST - It is free to enter
HOW TO ENTER - details released Monday 8th June
PRIZES - From our partners, see above, and will be awarded randomly based on taking part.
NEXT STEPS - SUBMITTING SCORES
So you are signed up to the HOME GAMES 3.0 or you want to be?
Getting a fast time or high score is great - but watching the movements standards, reading the workout and doing PERFECT REPS is greater!
The next step is to login to your account, complete the workouts and enter your scores.
- Login to your account that you registered for the competition on, click on the ADD SCORE button, view the workout and enter your score by hitting 'submit'.
- You DO NOT have upload a video of you doing the workout - this is an honesty based 'competition' with prizes for participation, not winning as such
- However, if you film your workout, make sure you a post a story tagging @turfgames so we can reshare and have more chance of winning some prizes. For more chances of being shared, you can tag @underarmouruk, @blkboxfitness, @optimumnutrition_uk @alphafit_aus and more and add the gif 'stay home' to your story.
- ALL workouts need there scores submitted by 5pm (UK time) on June 29th.
- You can redo the workout, enter your as many times as you like before entering the final score deadline as stated above
Make sure when you take part in the workouts you tag us in your stories so we can share everyone's efforts.
ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE DROP US AN EMAIL TO TEAM@TURFGAMES.COM