The countdown is well and truly on, and we can't wait to see everyone on the TURF for our first event in Edinburgh, Scotland. Please see below all the athlete information you need to know about the day.
UPON ARRIVAL - CHECK IN
Athletes, when you arrive at the venue, you MUST check in at the check in desk, get your athlete wristband and then head into the venue. If you do not check in we cannot put scores in the lead board for your team.
- You will all be receiving an Under Armour x Turf Games Edinburgh tee upon arrival. Women will receive a white tank and men will receive a grey tee. If you and your team can wear this tee for all or most of the day that would be great as we will have a content team on hand getting plenty of cool images and video. You will collect this top when you check in for your team. Athletes have given us your tee size when you signed up, please if you can ask for this size as this is what size we ordered for you.
- You will also be receiving a bottle of Actiph water for each athlete upon check in as well. There will be water bottle refill station in the venue so please also bring a re usable bottle.
Address - Oriam, Heriot Watt University, Currie EH14 4AS
Once at Oriam, please make your way from the car park and follow the signs at the venue to the check in counter.
TRAIL RUN - SHOES
One workout that your team will be doing contains an outdoor trail run - dependent on the weather, this may or may not be muddy. We suggest bringing another pair of shoes for this workout. Please do not wear your shoes inside the building if they are muddy post this workout.
Attendees will not need to show a Vaccine Passport. We have spoken to the venue who have been in contact with the government and the structure of our event falls within acceptable limits that do no require vaccine passports.
The event will be mainly indoors, with one workout outdoors. All attendees, including athletes, spectators, judges etc - when not competing and walking around/spectating indoors - will need to wear a mask. We ask that people respect this and make it easier and safer for all those in attendance.
Please disregard any workout times in Team Aretas - please only refer to the below for your workout start times.
- Athlete check-in will open at 8.05am.
- Round 1, heat 1 will be at 920am. Teams workout times are released - please click the links above. We ask that teams arrive no earlier than 75 minutes before there start time. This will help out with distancing and reduce wait times at the check in counter.
- Round 2, heat 1 - 11.15am
- Round 3, heat 1 - 13.10pm
- Round 4, heat 1 - 15.00pm
- Elite Final - 17.10pm
- Event closes - 17.50pm
YOUR HEAT START TIMES
Teams will compete in 4 workouts throughout the day with around 90 minutes break between workouts. Workouts will be between 14 minutes and 20 minutes in length and will be a test across, strength, endurance, power, engine, tactics and TEAMWORK. Your first workout will start between 9.20am and 10.40am.
WORKOUTS WILL BE RELEASED TUESDAY 28TH SEPTEMBER
Please see links to some practice workouts from our London Summer Festival 2021 -
Spectator tickets are now LIVE! Click below to get your cheer squad together or send the link to your friends so they don't miss out.
EDINBURGH CITY SERIES EVENT PARTNERS
VENUE - GETTING TO ORIAM
We are pleased to be able to offer car parking inside the venue which will be free for teams. There is plenty of parking on campus at the University in various car parks -
Head towards Oriam and you can get dropped off in the car park just outside the building.
Please ensure all 5 athletes are linked to your team on the Team Aretas website as soon as possible. You will not be able to compete on the day without it. You may change athletes in your team up until the day before the competition. Please ensure you team name is what you want as this will be locked and unable to be changed from Monday 20th September.
Please ensure ALL 5 athletes are linked to your team ASAP as you won't be able to compete unless they are all linked.
You can change the athletes competing in your team up until Saturday morning 2nd. You are NOT allowed to sub athletes in to your team once you start your first workout - the 5 who start the day, must be the same 5 who finish the day.
ATHLETE WELFARE / RECOVERY
We will have a recovery hub area at this years event, led by our recovery partners - MYO MASTER. There will also be multiple physio, massage therapists and strappers on hand to sort out any niggles. This will be free to use across the weekend for all athletes.
Over the day we will also have trained first aid staff in attendance. We know how hard some of you work out and compete, so please do what you can to prepare and recover for the big day.
We want to make sure everyone has a super enjoyable day so if you have any concerns or injuries please speak to your judge or one of the TG staff. If you are feeling light headed or unwell please let someone know as soon as possible so we can ensure you get recovered and can enjoy the day.
WHAT YOU CAN/CAN'T WEAR & BRING
In terms of what you can and can't wear when working out.
- Athletes CAN wear - knee and elbow supports, weightlifting belts, chalk, lifting shoes, wrist straps, sunglasses, sunscreen
- Athletes CAN'T wear - anything that attaches to a bar to aid grip or strength
- Glass is prohibited inside the venue.
FOOD / DRINK
We will have a nice selection of food and drink options for all those in attendance at the event - from coffees, to burgers and more.
DRINKING WATER - there will be numerous areas around the venue to refill your water bottle. We are trying to reduce plastic and waste - so if you bring a a bottle of water from - please make sure you drink it all and don't leave half filled in the arena. We would encourage you to bring a bottle and refill throughout the day.
On each station in the arena's, the judge will have the scoresheet where your teams score will be written. At the end of your workout on that station, you need to check that the score written next to your team name is accurate and sign the score.
Once you are happy and signed your score sheet, you may leave the arena taking all that you brought in - water bottles, chalk, tape etc. The score will then be inputted into the scoreboard.
We have a LIVE scoreboard at the event powered by Team Aretas. It takes around 5 minutes to update scores. Please note, until ALL teams in your category (i.e. mixed teams) have completed the workout, your points are going to fluctuate.