NEW WORKOUTS . NEW LOCATION .
SAME EPIC COMMUNITY
SATURDAY 8TH FEBRUARY 2020 - The Turf Games is the ultimate team based fitness competition. While fitness and competition is at the heart of what we are about, our festivals are a celebration of the community and fun that we love about fitness. There will be great music, food brands, drinks brands, tech brands and some great activation's around the venue.
The London Winter Festival 2020 is MIXED TEAMS ONLY.
There is no need to give any other athlete names at this stage. You can sub athletes in and out of your team up until 2 days before the event and change your team name up until 3 weeks before the event.
This event is open to ALL people, both new and old to competing at the Under Armour Turf Games and will be on a first come first serve basis when teams go on sale.
HOW TO BUY YOUR TEAM
When team entry goes live Friday morning 9am London time, please follow the below process to secure your team spot. Team entry does sell out FAST so please be quick so you don't miss out.
All Team + Free Agent purchases will be done on HERE
There will be multiple links taking you straight to the page to buy your team.
- The link in our Instagram profile (@turfgames)
- Click the WINTER 2020 banner at the top and also half way down our home page
- Click the links on this page
- The email which will be going out around 9am will have links
- Once on the product landing page, please make sure you select correctly either ELITE or EVERYDAY division.
- Once inside the product, there are 2 price tiers - Early Bird £325, and then the remaining teams will be £350
- Try the cheaper one first if that is sold out keep going down until one of the price brackets isn't and then buy the team
- Once you have gone through checkout you will receive an email - this means you have secured your team spot and the countdown begins
- By early October all people/emails that have purchased a team successfully will receive an email with information on how to set your team up on our scoring software.
IF THE DIVISION YOU WOULD LIKE TO ENTER IS SOLD OUT,
and you want to go on the waitlist for either the Elite or Everyday Athlete division, you can click the above links, or click HERE and 'purchase' (£0) a spot on the waitlist for your desired division. We do get teams dropping out so there will be a number of teams on the waitlist that will get a call up.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT TEAMS
The London Winter Festival 2020 is going to be MIXED TEAMS ONLY. There will be two divisions available to enter -
- Everyday Athlete teams. Everyday teams should be 3 males and 2 females, but can be 3 females and 2 males if you wish. No other athlete combination is allowed.
- Elite Athlete team. Elite teams MUST be 3 males and 2 females.
Everyday athlete teams - these teams can include a maximum of 2 athletes who -
- Have competed in the 'Elite' Division at an Under Armour Turf Games before or qualified for the Elite semi final/final (London Winter 2019), or
- Won a Turf Games event (2018) prior to us introducing the divisions
The other 3 athletes must be people who have ONLY competed in the Everyday Athlete Division or are 'new' to competing at the Under Armour Turf Games. We will be monitoring this when athletes sign up to teams. If for whatever reason on 8th February an Everyday Athlete team has more than 2 'Elite' athlete - they will be allowed to compete, however, they will be ineligible to make the finals of the Everyday division.
We do understand people take part/compete for various reasons but we do ask all athletes to 'respect' the divisions.
FREE AGENT SPOTS
Free Agent is a new concept we launched for our Winter Festival IN 2019 as we know not everyone can form a team of 5, but that shouldn't mean you can't be involved in the Turf Games. With a FREE AGENT entry ticket, you enter as one, but compete as a team. We will put you in a mixed team with other Free Agent athletes as early as possible so you are one cohesive unit come game day, or, if a team needs another athlete we can put you forward to fill the spot. We will form teams with the Free Agents and you will compete in the EVERYDAY ATHLETE Division on Saturday 8th February. You can follow the links above to secure your spot.
Free Agent spots will be £75 and will be limited so be quick
WHERE IS THE WINTER FESTIVAL
Saturday 8th February 2020
The 2020 Under Armour Turf Games London Winter Festival will take place at DOCK X - Unit 1, Canada Water Retail Park, Surrey Quays Rd SE16 2XU. Dock X is directly next to Canada Water train and tube station. We will update on parking closer to the time but with such phenomenal transport links and multiple bars at the event, we suggest you leave the car at home!
The facility is 100% indoors. No need to worry about the cold or wet. Although, there may or may not be be one workout which may involve running outside.
All athletes will compete in a minimum of 4 workouts varying in length from 5 - 20 minutes. The top 4 teams in the Everyday Athlete division will qualify for the 'winner takes all' final and the top 4 Elite teams will qualify for their 'winner takes all final'.
Athlete Check in will be 7.30am, with the 4 'heat' workouts finishing at 4.45pm and then the two finals and podiums finished by 1830, with the evening finishing at 20.00
There will be plenty going on around the arenas including great street food, awesome music, shops and plenty of drinks for all athletes and spectators to enjoy.
ELITE - you back yourself as a good athlete and want to compete against the best. While the Elite category will be more intense, it will also be loads of fun.
ELITE STANDARDS - In terms of standards elite male and female athletes should be able to (as a guide, it doesn't mean these will be the movements) -
- Deadlift reps a 100kg/70kg bar
- Overhead barbell for reps 50kg/32.5kg barbell
- Pick up and carry a 60kg/40kg dead ball
- Dumbell snatch reps at 22.5kg/15kg
- Kettle bell rep with 32kg/20kg
- There will of course be aerobic work which will make up a big portion of workouts as well.
EVERYDAY ATHLETE DIVISION - The Everyday Athlete division will be like a throwback to your high school Sports day - loads of fun, lots of banter, plenty of sweating, a few challenges to test you and your team - and of course some rewards for doing well. The weight & intensity will be less than ELITE.
This division is for teams who train pretty regularly, love a challenge, love fitness, want to have a great day out with friends, push themselves to a certain limit (but not too far) and be part of something special - and more than likely surprise yourself with what you can achieve as part of a team. The Everyday division will consist of team relays, medley's, tyre flips, pushes and pulls - lots of fun stuff that doesn't require a huge amount of individual skill - just great team work! Compete to win some great sponsors prizes and medals.
Everyday Standards- As a guide, in terms of weight, please see below. The below does not mean that these will be in the workouts but are below as a guide -
- Kettlebells will be no heavier than 16kg for females and 24kg for males
- Any barbell over head no heavier than 25kg for females and 40kg for males
- If there are deadlifts, they will be no heavier than 40kg for girls and 70kg for guys
- If anything is going to be heavy, like the Winter Festival - we will allow you to select your own weights and perform as many reps as you can in a certain time.
The workout format will all be revealed closer to the time - but in true Under Armour Turf Games style - strategy, engine, power, endurance and mental strength will be the theme!
There will be no Oly lifting or gymnastic movements in either elite or everyday division finals
TYPES OF MOVEMENTS
Our equipment sponsors for the event are BLK BOX, Concept2, Torque Tank + Compete Force - we only use the best equipment that people train and use day in, day out
All exercises throughout the day will be movements that anybody who has been to a gym or played sport will be able to do - just the fun stuff. If the movement involves weight, it will be scaled so that all attending will be able to lift/move it – the stronger you are will just mean you will do more reps or complete the movement faster. Movements can include, as an example:
- Barbell/dumbbell holds
- Assault bikes
- Concept 2 Ski/Bike Ergs and Rowing machines
- Barbell work – deadlifts/shoulder press etc
- Dumbell snatches/Dumbell lunges
- Box jumps
- Burpees/air squats/sit ups
- Torque tank push/pull
- Farmers walks
- Yoke carries
- Monkey bars
- Wall balls
- Sand bags carry's and so on...
TEAM ENTRY PRICE
Early bird team entry will begin at £325. Once these teams are sold out, team entry will then be £350
Come along and support the athletes as they compete and have a great day in our festival village. Spectator tickets will be £10 and will be available to purchase very soon - numbers will be limited.
We are looking for volunteers to help out with registrations and general admin on the day as well as judges for the workouts. We will need 50 judges and 20 other crew. All judges/crew will get a free Turf Games tee, as well as food and drink during the day. Keen to be involved - fill your details in HERE
OFFICIAL EQUIPMENT PARTNER